Monday, August 18, 2008

Can You Hear the Screams????

Well, it is that time of the year again when I have to go back to work. So Ali and Theo have started going to their new daycare. The first time I dropped them off, Theo cried the entire four hours I was gone. Wait, I take that back. He stopped crying to eat, but then continued to wail " I want my Mommy!".

Well, today was day number two and it went a little better. Theo only cried for the first hour this time. He actually took a nap on his mat and didn't cry again until he saw me. What a Mama's Boy!

So on the way home we all talked about our day when suddenly "The Song That Never Ends" starts playing. You Moms know that song. It truly DOESN'T end. Well for some unknown reason I started singing it. Theo put his hands over his ears and started screaming "Stop it! Stop it!". At first I thought it must be a fluke, he couldn't be screaming about MY singing. So I stopped, he stopped, I started again, and he started again. Great, I have Simon Cowell in my backseat. Meanwhile, Paula Abdul tried to soften the blow and said, "Theo doesn't want you to sing Mom". Thanks Ali.

Lexi ( our 13 year old that I'm not allowed to mention because it would be ..like...totally embarrassing) got to officially babysit the kids today while Tim and I went to Target. The kids were actually good for her. :)

Tomorrow is another day at daycare. This time it will be 6 hours. We will see how it goes!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Ah, yes! The bluntness of a boy and subtleness of a girl! LOL! Sounds like T-man is slowly adjusting to daycare. Yay for Lexi babysitting! She needs to get in plenty of practice to babysit for us! LOL!