Thursday, August 14, 2008

Here We Go!!!

Well, I've finally joined the millions of bloggers. I never thought I would do this, but I have to record the funny things my children say and do everyday. Ali will be 4 on Wednesday and Theo is just shy of 2 years old. I know you are thinking "Great another mom who thinks her kids are the center of the universe" You know the type. The mother you make slight eye contact at the doctor's office and she starts telling you about her kid's life from her pregnancy to the currant pink eye infection that brings them to the office that day. Sometimes they even have pictures of their Disney vacation that they will show to any random stranger. Yes, this has happened to me and I have vowed not to be one of "those" mothers. However, hearing kooky stories from my girlfriends about their seemly normal kids often reassures me that my goofballs are just being kids. I am often reminded by mothers of older children how quickly time passes. So this is my way of capturing and remembering the moments. I'm sure my son won't find it so amusing when he figures out that I shared with the world how he likes to hump the floor or my daughter wouldn't like it that I will share stories of her mispronunciation of words. (ex. Snow Wipe instead of Snow White). But oh well they will get over it. Otherwise there's always therapy.

Speaking of which, here is my first Ali story. We were playing Candyland and there is a "stuck on licorice" spot that you can land on where you lose a turn. Well I landed on it and Ali said" Too bad Mom, you are stuck on liquor!" I was laughing so hard. Sometimes I feel like a need to be stuck on liquor. Taking care of two kids is a lot of work and that doesn't sound too bad!

I'm a teacher so I'm a stay-at-home mom during the summer months. I have to say that stay-at-home moms are amazing! It's a ton of hard work.

Naptime is almost over and this domestic diva need to clean the floor and do laundry. Till we meet again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job. This is a fun way to share your beauties with your family and friends. Welcome to the world of blogging.